Friday, May 21, 2010

Fishing by Joel

Fishing:  We fished in the Bay of Islands.  I enjoyed my first fishing trip in New Zealand.  We went out in the Bay with Dr. Taco Kistemaker's boat.  It is an aluminum power boat.  Taco works with my dad.  He is from Holland, and not a Taco that you eat.

Taco let me drive the boat.  We found the fish by looking for the birds on the water.  We used rubber lures.  I caught 3 fish and my dad caught 0 fish.  The fish we caught are called kahawai. 


We took the boat out to Urupukapuka Island and stopped in Otehei Bay.  We barbecued up the fish and had a wonderful lunch on the beach.  Talk about fresh fish!  There is a great hike that we took to the top of a hill on the island.  The island is named after the Urupukapuka tree.  There is a lone tree standing on a hill overlooking this bay, and I drove toward it to get us into Otehei Bay. 

    We are having alot of fun here in New Zealand.
     Love, Joel
  

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Joel. 3 fish to your Dad's 0.
    Great blog writing,too.
    I'm a Family doctor like your Dad and I'm going back home to the US in a few days. Have a great time here and keep an eye on the place!
    Dr. Ken

    ReplyDelete